Thursday, November 13, 2008



Go rest high on that mountain...now your work on earth is done...go to heaven a shouting...
I am remembering my dear mother and father in law. Two very special people that I grew to love and was very blessed to be a part of their lives. In the short time I knew them they taught me some very important lessons. They showed me what unconditional love and support looked like. Through their strong faith and love of their family they nurtured us while they took in the lonely and helped those who were hurting. Howard the hard working father and farmer...Glenda the sweet mother and loving nurse. They were the soft place to land...the strong working hands...the safe house to go home to...the caring arms to hold you. Forever to be missed and forever to be cherished...blessed be their memory...til that day we will see you again!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Marilyn,

I remember them fondly too. Glenda was so good about coming to Mariah's activities and she really was a "soft place to land" as she hugged Mariah close to her chest! I remember Howard in his pickup and coming over to get his dog, Lucy, I think, and he would just lean up to the railing on the deck and talk a while. I can just about hear the song, "Go rest high on the mountain". I remember singing in Glenda's house, songs to sing at Howard's funeral. She really wanted that song, which I didn't have, and I surprised her by driving up to Sioux Falls to buy it. Anyway, we are so blessed to have our memories and can be joyful in knowing that we will be reunited with them again. Love you, Carol