Monday, March 16, 2009



The Gift of Time...Recently we had to turn our clocks ahead for daylight savings time. This is always an adjustment for me as I feel there are not enough hours in the day as it is! Then we are asked to jump ahead an hour in the Spring!
I received a touching email a few weeks ago about the gift of time. This was written by a classmate of a young teen who had taken his own life near the city where I work. Reading the letter this student had written about his friend brought tears to my eyes...how could this have happened? Why did this happen? It was a cry out to all those that may have lost a child to suicide. Taking time for our family and friends...making time for our family and friends. Suddenly when a tragedy occurs there is time...this young man said it so eloquently...suddenly before when I was too busy to talk or listen to my friend...now all is still and I have the time and he is not here to talk to. He is not here to listen to. It all changes in a few moments...time is all we have when we lose someone we love...time stops...and we ask "if only I could go back" and change it...today we have the time to choose how we spend our day and our moments with friends or with family...today I will choose to stop and listen, stop and love, stop and appreciate those around me! Thank You, God for the Gift of Time!

1 comment:

Carol said...

It was nice spending time with you tonight, even if we were working.....have to take the minutes however we get them. Love you-