Tuesday, June 9, 2009


Have you ever wished you could have a "do over"?
I am not very skilled at playing golf but enjoy the beautifully manicured greens and plush rolling landscapes. I like taking a stroll along the golf course on a lazy summer day with no pressure to reach par at the next hole...just a nice easy game of golf for the underachiever type golfer like me!
Another wonderful aspect of the game of golf is the term mulligan. I love mulligans! How relieved I was to hear that wonderful term while trying to play a round with my classmates a few years ago! Isn't it great to have a "do over" when you make a bad shot? You can (usually on the tee shot only) ask for a mulligan if you have a "bad swing"...cool a do over!! It doesn't count!
How many times in my life to I wish I could have a "do over" a mulligan shot! I didn't mean to say that...I didn't mean to act that way or hurt that person...DO OVER...please??
Yep, life is full of mulligan opportunities...when we "mess up" we can ask God for forgiveness and a "do over" of sorts...He takes the mess up and erases it from our score card...it didn't happen... it's gone. He removes our sin as far as the east is from the west...he loves us unconditionally! God believes in DO OVERS! He asks us to repent and confess from our wrongful ways and start over fresh...thank you God for mulligans and second chances and DO OVERS!!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

What a wonderful, wonderful post. You say it so well.

Ironically, I just posted about "do-overs" too!!!

You are such a blessing!!