Sunday, May 31, 2009

Precious Memories...

There is one thing I can say I have plenty of...and that is relatives! My parents had several brothers and sisters and thus I was blessed with lots and lots of cousins!

Growing up in a small town we spent every holiday and so many other events with the my mom and dad's parents, sisters, brothers and all their kids! There were large gatherings and many great memories! There was never a dull moment!

Life was simple back then when kids knew how to entertain themselves. We didn't need Wii games or X BOX video games. It was kick the can, Red Rover, and kick ball...not too high tech but it worked! We had picnics, swimming pool parties, biked and hiked...making memories together.


This past weekend I spent time "catching up" with my aunts, uncles and cousins from Idaho, Illinois, California, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota and Canada. Our family reunions are every couple of years and we try to stay connected to those we share so much with. Grandpa and Grandpa believed in family ties...as the hymn says Blessed Be The Tie That Binds...thanks Grandma and Grandpa for giving us so many precious family memories for all these years!




Love, laugh and live close to your family!!

No comments: