Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cyclone mom

Hello and welcome to my blog!
My name is Marilyn Moser and I live on a farm near a small town (Alvord) in the northwest corner of Iowa! I am blessed to be a wife and mother of two wonderful children. My husband, Joel is a hardworking farmer/plumber (yes a REAL live Joe the Plumber!) He also raises stock cows, grows soybeans, corn and hay...owns his own small plumbing business (Moser Plumbing) and I must say a Master Plumber is handy to have around the house!

Our oldest son, Seth is 20 yrs old and a sophomore in college at Iowa State University in Ames...hence the name "Cyclone mom"...our favorite college football team! Seth is working on his Ag business major and also a member of the Cyclone football team! We enjoy traveling down to watch the games on Saturdays to cheer them on! GO Cyclones!

Our daughter,Mariah is a freshman at West Lyon High School! She is a typical teenager with her busy schedule of sports and social outings that makes for a crazy schedule. She is involved in our church youth group, volleyball, track, and softball. She is a talented girl and a special gift to us!

Life is busy as I work full time as a Mammography Coordinator at McGreevy Clinic in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It's hard to believe but I have been there for 13 years now! I guess you get comfortable in a spot and well why not stay? I am a registered Radiologic Technologist and enjoy the interesting job of "seeing" through people! Healthcare and technology is an amazing field of practice and it is gratifying to help people at that level...being that missing link to the physician as they try to figure out the medical mysteries they encounter! Remember that October is breast cancer awareness month so go and get your mammograms ladies! We offer Digital mammography at McGreevy...so if your 40 yrs young you need to get a baseline mammogram!

I was introduced to this little blog idea from my dear neighbor and friend Carol Childress so check out her blog site...Choose Joy! She is an amazing woman and I am thankful for her friendship!

Look forward to hearing from you!
Hugs~
Marilyn

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hey girlfriend! Glad to see you're up and running. I look forward to hearing from you! Love you lots, Carol

http://carolchil.blogspot.com

molls said...

Mary-lin:

I visited your blog! Keep up the good work! Pamel is definitely a star.

Love,
Molls