Friday, October 24, 2008

Survivors! I am surrounded by so many wonderful, curagous women who have battled breast cancer! My friend & coworker Pam Hanson (pictured far right)...my own dear mother (10 years ago since her diagnosis), so many friends that have dealt with this disease. My own grandmother that I didn't get the chance to meet before she lost her battle to breast cancer...an aunt that is still fighting this diesease. How many curagous women do you know that have been down this road? October is breast cancer awareness month. So many have detected their cancer in the early stages with a yearly mammograms...early detection is the key to increased survival rates. Did you know that with digital mammography and CAD (computer aided detection) your mammograms are not only read by a radiologist but assisted with computer detection software which increases detecting early cancers? Kind of like two radiologists reading your images...digital mammography is also lower dose radiation than conventional analog mammography...lots of reasons to seek digital/CAD for your mammograms. To all of you who have dealt with breast cancer... I am honored to know you and know that you see life differently now...each day is a gift...celebrate life!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! And what a great start you have. These posts are great, and very meaningful. I will be checking back often. So cool1!! Love ya, sista!