Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dealing with "change"

You may be feeling the way I do lately with all the recent social, economic, and political changes going on in our world. Maybe it really is true that the only thing we can count on is CHANGE! I must becoming a bit old fashioned in this regard because I am beginning to wish things didn't have to change all the time. I kind of like my corner of the world the way it is...for the most part. I mean there is a few changes I like...the change of seasons, the changes in fashion, changing the paint colors on the walls for decorating updates and hairstyle changes... now THAT is the change I can believe in...the other BIG stuff...well not so much!
The reality is that changes are a part of life and that is when I realized the truth in the simple prayer our Grandpa Wally used to say,"God grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change; The Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference"...the Serenity Prayer...remembering I am not in control but thankfully GOD is!

4 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Yes, it seems that the only thing we can be certain of is ... CHANGE.

Good thing we can count on the everlasting, unending, undeniable and UNCHANGING God!

- Jennifer

Marilyn Moser said...

Nice visiting with you sister! Thanks for the Serenity Prayer reminder. There is not a thing I can do about missing my mama but accept it and keep on keeping on. Love ya'

Carol said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me, not Marilyn to herself!!! Love you again! Carol

Kristi L said...

This past year and a half have been about so many changes~ones we have no control over~ones that tear at our hearts but through it all we've held on to the God who never changes~who is always there for us! I'm glad I found your blog site Marilyn ~ I just find it so comforting to read positive hopeful things from wonderful people with a real faith in God. On days when my feelings start to crumble~I look to Carol, Jennifer and others to pull me through ~ and they don't even realize it! I will now add you to my list of cyber circle of friends:)