Life under construction...A few weeks ago, while cleaning out my closet, I sorted through dozens of books that I have collected over the years. Some non fiction, fiction, countless bible study workbooks, books on relationships, financial advice, parenting techniques and Christian authors offering insight to help in my walk with Christ. How does someone who has read all these wonderful books still have so many areas of her life "under construction"? I have read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff ,Power in Praise, The Purpose Driven Life, The Power of A Praying Mom...and the list goes on. Truth be told the older I get the more I realize I am still "a work in progress"! I have all the knowledge of what changes I need to make in my life and yet in so many areas I still fail to achieve the level of perfection I strive for! That is okay...in the Scriptures we can read of how God uses those who are weak to glorify Him. He uses us for His "purpose" as we seek His will for our life. I know by leaning on God's word and through the power of prayer I have found strength to overcome so many struggles in my life. I still have a long way to go and am fortunate to have the support of family and friends praying me through when I have needed it. I rejoice in knowing that my strength comes from the Lord and I hope you can rely on His awesome power in your life as well! Until then never mind the "road cones" in my life...I am pretty sure they will always be there!Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Life under construction...A few weeks ago, while cleaning out my closet, I sorted through dozens of books that I have collected over the years. Some non fiction, fiction, countless bible study workbooks, books on relationships, financial advice, parenting techniques and Christian authors offering insight to help in my walk with Christ. How does someone who has read all these wonderful books still have so many areas of her life "under construction"? I have read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff ,Power in Praise, The Purpose Driven Life, The Power of A Praying Mom...and the list goes on. Truth be told the older I get the more I realize I am still "a work in progress"! I have all the knowledge of what changes I need to make in my life and yet in so many areas I still fail to achieve the level of perfection I strive for! That is okay...in the Scriptures we can read of how God uses those who are weak to glorify Him. He uses us for His "purpose" as we seek His will for our life. I know by leaning on God's word and through the power of prayer I have found strength to overcome so many struggles in my life. I still have a long way to go and am fortunate to have the support of family and friends praying me through when I have needed it. I rejoice in knowing that my strength comes from the Lord and I hope you can rely on His awesome power in your life as well! Until then never mind the "road cones" in my life...I am pretty sure they will always be there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I enjoyed reading your post. My life is a constant road of construction. I have come to realize, also, that it will never end.
I remember the scripture that says we are changed from image to image and moved from glory to glory. I love God's handiwork. Just to know he's never done with me, that He is so patient (much more than I am), that He doesn't give up on me, even when I fail, is so assuring.
Thank you for your precious words.
Blessings to You,
Andrea
Post a Comment