
"Confessions of a shopaholic"...keeping my shopping obsession under control...
Yesterday I spent the day with my three sisters and my mom as we went on a shopping excursion with the main purpose of finding a "mother of the groom" dress for my sister and a "grandmother of the groom" dress for my mom. This was one of the few times we've all had the opportunity to shop together as a group as with our busy schedules it doesn't allow much time for this sort of thing not to mention that my sisters aren't exactly "keen" on shopping at least for themselves.
Which leads me to wonder if I in fact am adopted? Has my mother been lying to me all of these years? How could I possible be cut from the same gene pool as my sisters? Let's face it we all have such different personalities but our shopping styles are worlds apart!! If fact spending the day with my sisters shopping at the mall is like taking your Weight Watchers counselor along to your favorite Buffet Restaurant...as they calculate the exact fat grams and calories of each item you put into your mouth...how can anyone enjoy shopping with someone who is always looking at price tags and finding reasons NOT to buy things?? Come on ladies...you are here to buy a dress how hard can this be? Granted there was not a lot of dresses what they would find appropriate to wear for themselves but it became very clear how different we are in our shopping personalities...we laugh about it as my sister Holly tells me she has 7 pairs of shoes in her closet? Yes I said SEVEN! Is that possible? Does she not realize there are 4 seasons? There are boots(tall and mid calf), sandals, open toed heels, wedges, spikes, flats, casual, dressy, black, brown and other colors...athletic etc...why do I have 50 pairs in my closet and she has 7? What about belts, skinny, wide, dress casual...black /brown etc...jewelry chunky, casual, dressy....silver/gold? Handbags/purses...many styles and colors...functional and flirty...fashion is always changing...that's not even clothes and coats! I am at a loss...haven't we all felt the rush as we step into our favorite Department Store or Boutique and soak it in...the feel of a cashmere scarf...the smell of a designer bag...how does the line go? "That feeling you get when you see a cute puppy or it's like warm butter as it slides over toast"...that's what you feel when you step into the "Shoe Diva" boutique or your favorite store...that's what I'm talkin' bout sista! I love my dear sisters even with their lack of shopping abilities...as a wealthy man once told me about how to live well on your income...Tithe 10%, Save 10% and as I say spend the rest on purses, shoes, and clothes!! Oh, by the way...I was the only one that bought a dress yesterday...but I am sure that doesn't surprise you!



1 comment:
This made me laugh. You just might be adopted. LOL
Post a Comment