Wednesday, January 7, 2009


Finding an "Anchor" in our lives...
This is a picture I took of the anchor used on the USS Arizona ship which was sunk in the attack at Pearl Harbor Hawaii.
Webster's Dictionary defines an "anchor" as a heavy weight that prevents drifting; anything giving stability; to hold secure...sometimes in today's society it seems hard to find stability and something solid that won't drift or sway with the changing times. It is good to know that in this turbulent world of changing "tides"...with wars being fought around the world, seeing our loved ones suffering with illness or ailments, seeing others losing their battle we have an "anchor" in the promises of our loving God...we can know that no matter how hard the waves crash around us...we can be assured that God's promises will keep us secure and safe from the storm...having my anchor in Christ makes the storms of life less threatening and gives me peace to know that I have a bigger God than any problem or storm that I will ever encounter...Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast...

No comments: