
What I will leave my children...while visiting with family over the holidays, I ran across a copy of the following "will" printed on an old card from a friend. It is very profound and hope to share it with my children and future grandchildren someday. Maybe you will feel this worthy of passing along as well...
"After making out my will, I realized that what I most want to leave my children are things without material value. Here's my supplementary Will."
Article I: House
I leave each of my children a home built with the solid bricks of faith in God and self esteem. May their houses have windows of empathy and doors that open both ways.
Article II: Vehicles
May my children be provided with some means of transportation to take them beyond themselves: an absorbing hobby; a service only they can perform; a talent or recreation that renews their spirits.
Article III: Personal Items
I bequeath to each child a jewel box filled with glistening memories; drinking cocoa on stormy nights; the books that made us laugh and cry together; the shared miracles of a pumpkin colored sunset; tulips sprouting through the snow, and falling stars on summer nights; bedtime kisses, family prayer times and mealtime graces; homemade Valentine cookies, and backyard petshows.
Article IV: Stocks and Bonds
Finally, I leave my children enough stock in the bonds of love that they will keep investing it in others, becoming "heirs of God through Christ."
Article V: Taxes
Before taxes are levied on this estate, please deduct (and forgive) cross words spoken, times of being too busy to listen and missed apologies.
This is what I would leave to my dear children.



2 comments:
Well said, sister! You are a great mom and I am sure your family will always remember only the good times. Love, Carol
You've beem Tagged!!!
Sarah at http://www.godsnotfinishedwithusyet.com/ has issued me my very first tag. This one asks each person tagged to share 7 random and/or weird facts about themselves, then tag 7 random people and include their links. Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged.
That's all there is to it! Hope to hear from you. Check out my blog to see MY 7 random facts and feel free to copy the box with the directions. Carol
Post a Comment