Monday, January 19, 2009



This is the Gettysburg Address as it reads on the walls of the Lincoln Memorial given by one of our great Presidents...
Abraham Lincoln who believed that all men were created equal. Many decades later we are on the"eve"of an inauguration of a United States President who has Negro heritage. In the years when slavery was practiced this would have been unheard of or even undreamed of...but today we do not see color...or do we? Didn't we read that in this last election more blacks voted than in any other election and while most admitted they were voting for Obama many also admitted they had no idea what his voting record was or what his position of certain political views were...yet in their words he was the first ever potential "black President"...so my question is...if we are supposed to be color blind and judge a man " by the content of his character and NOT the color of his skin" why is there such a fuss about the color of this man's skin? Our next President has Negro heritage...so is that what defines him? What is his voting record? What does he stand for...change? He has changed his name and his religious views among other things. I have researched this man's voting record and am concerned that he is the first "Chameleon President" as he can be "whatever you want him to be"...look over his religious views, his political views and his stand on social issues...it's extremely liberal. So my question to you is...if this man were white...then what? My point is whether you are black, blue, yellow or green...stand for something and stand on the values this country was founded upon...that's all I want from our next President...just STAND up for what is right for our nation... whatever your skin color may be! God bless our next President and God bless America!

2 comments:

sharilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharilyn said...

great post. it's been what i've been thinking (and not saying to any more liberal voters so as not to get into conflict with them)... after the election results were in and I expressed disappointment to someone I knew (and this a Christian, no less!), his comment to me was: "Why didn't you vote for Obama? Is it because he is black?" I was so frustrated and even angered...as though that were the only reason to NOT vote for him--because of the color of his skin. I, as calmly as I could, said that my vote was morals/values-based and color-blind--I would not have voted for him whatever color he was. it just so happened that the Democratic candidate this election was black--I wouldn't have voted for anyone representing the liberal platform. (sigh.) I am weary of being labeled "racist" when it seems to be a bit of the other way around this time...if we are to be truly color-blind, I think it needs to come from both 'sides.'